Hiring a Payroll Audit Firm, Question 11: Will we Receive Progress Reports?BondBeebe
Posting by Larry Beebe, CPA
An audit firm should provide monthly progress reports. At a minimum, this report should have columns indicating the companies being audited, the dates the audits were assigned, the dates the field work began, the completion dates for the field work, report delivery dates, audit findings and audit costs. There should also be a space specific comments the auditor wants to convey to the plan. This report can be used to compare statistics from year to year.
- Question 10: Do you Change a Flat-Rate Fee per audit or an Hourly Rate?
- Question 9: Have you Done Payroll Audits for our Industry or Similar Industries?
- Question 8: Do you Have a Dedicated Payroll Audit Staff?
- Question 7: What are the Qualifications of Your Payroll Audit Staff?
- Question 6: How Long Does Your Typical Audit Take?
- Question 5: Do You Audit All Employees %100 or Do You Test Employees?
- Question 4: What is the Relationship Between Your Audit Findings and Your Audit Costs?
- Question 3: How Many of Your Payroll Audits do you Perform?
- Question 2: How Many Audits do you Perform?
- Question 1: How Many Years Have you Been Doing Payroll Audits?