Senior Manager, Forensics
With more than a decade of experience as a data analytics and anti-fraud professional, Leslie specializes in the prevention, detection, and investigation of occupational fraud through innovative technologies. Prior to joining Bond Beebe, she spent nearly a decade at the U.S. Government Accountability Office conducting financial and performance audits; she also served as one of the agency’s lead instructors on Yellow Book audit performance.
She has extensive experience in designing and executing computer-assisted audit techniques for the analysis of data using programs such as IDEA and SAS. Leslie has also served as an instructor and facilitator for a wide variety of classes on topics such as fraud detection and prevention, cybersecurity and information technology, data analytics, psychology of white collar criminals, audit quality assurance procedures, GAGAS audit design, interviewing techniques for auditors and investigators, evaluation of audit evidence, principles of effective feedback for supervisors, and process improvement in the workplace. She is the D.C.-Metro area’s leading private instructor on the use of IDEA in audit, investigative, and reporting applications. She is recognized as a thought leader on fraud and security topics by the Business Learning Institute and is a doctoral student at George Washington University studying organizational ethics and effective training methodologies for the anti-fraud profession.
Education and Affiliations
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, University of Maryland – College Park
- Bachelor of Science, Finance, University of Maryland – College Park
- Master of Science, Cybersecurity (Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigations), University of Maryland – University College
- Doctorate of Education, Human and Organizational Learning, George Washington University, expected graduation 2021
- Certified Fraud Examiner, ACFE
- Certified IDEA Data Analyst, Audimation
- SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9, SAS Institute
- Certified Information Systems Auditor, ISACA