Hiring a Payroll Auditing Firm, Question 9: Have you Done Payroll Audits for our Industry or Similar Industries?BondBeebe
How a prospective payroll auditing firm answers this questions shows how well they did their homework in preparing for the interview. A firm answering “yes” simply has to detail its experience with the industry. A firm who answers “no” must explain how the audits that will be performed are similar to their experiences. A detailed explanation is essential if the answer is “no.” Stating that all payroll audits are the same is not sufficient. All payroll audits are not alike and the person answering that there is no difference is just avoiding the question.
For more in this series, see:
- Question 8: Do you Have a Dedicated Payroll Audit Staff?
- Question 7: What are the Qualifications of Your Payroll Audit Staff?
- Question 6: How Long Does Your Typical Audit Take?
- Question 5: Do You Audit All Employees %100 or Do You Test Employees?
- Question 4: What is the Relationship Between Your Audit Findings and Your Audit Costs?
- Question 3: How Many of Your Payroll Audits do you Perform?
- Question 2: How Many Audits do you Perform?
- Question 1: How Many Years Have you Been Doing Payroll Audits?