Hiring a Payroll Audit Firm, Question 12: Do you Charge for Travel Time?BondBeebe
Posting by Larry Beebe, CPA
Some payroll audit firms charge low hourly rates, but charge for every hour an auditor spends traveling or doing the audit. Other firms have higher hourly rates, but only charge for time actually doing the audit. When choosing an audit firm, clarify how each firm charges for its time so there is an apples-to-apples comparison.
For more in this series, see:
- Question 11: Will we Receive Progress Reports?
- Question 10: Do you Change a Flat-Rate Fee per audit or an Hourly Rate?
- Question 9: Have you Done Payroll Audits for our Industry or Similar Industries?
- Question 8: Do you Have a Dedicated Payroll Audit Staff?
- Question 7: What are the Qualifications of Your Payroll Audit Staff?
- Question 6: How Long Does Your Typical Audit Take?
- Question 5: Do You Audit All Employees %100 or Do You Test Employees?
- Question 4: What is the Relationship Between Your Audit Findings and Your Audit Costs?
- Question 3: How Many of Your Payroll Audits do you Perform?
- Question 2: How Many Audits do you Perform?
- Question 1: How Many Years Have you Been Doing Payroll Audits?