Bond Beebe Principals to Teach Courses for Multiemployer Benefit Plan TrusteesBondBeebe
Bond Beebe, a certified public accounting and advisory firm with offices in Bethesda, Maryland and Alexandria, Virginia, announced that Principals David Dorsey, Scott Price, and Lawrence Beebe will teach and moderate sessions at the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans’ (“IFEBP”) Trustees & Administrator Institutes and the Accounting & Auditing Institute for Employee Benefit Plans. These events will take place June 23 – 25, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“Scott, Larry and I are thrilled to be teaching once again at the IFEBP institutes,” said Dorsey, Managing Partner of Bond Beebe. “These educational programs provide valuable compliance, regulatory, and operational insights for multiemployer plan trustees and administrators, as well as the accountants that serve these plans.
The IFEBP is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to being a leading objective and independent global source of employee benefits, compensation and financial literacy education and information; these institutes are designed to address the issues facing those who serve and audit multiemployer trust funds.
Bond Beebe Principals will teach or moderate the following sessions for the Trustees & Administrators Institutes:
- “Withdrawal Liability,” taught by Dorsey with Philip R. O’Brien, Esq., Shareholder at Reinhart, Boerner Van Deuren s.c.;
- “Financial Literacy: The Prerequisite to Retirement Security,” moderated by Dorsey with speaker Rick Garnitz, President of LifeSpan Services;
- “Understanding the Fund’s Financial Statements,” taught by Beebe;
- “Effective Fund Administration,” taught by Beebe with Kristina Gustaferri, CPA, Administrator of the Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters Benefit Funds.
Bond Beebe Principals will teach or moderate the following sessions for the Accounting and Auditing Institute for Employee Benefit Plans:
- “Accounting and Auditing Update,” taught by Dorsey with Mark Hurst, Partner at Plante Moran;
- “Internal Controls in an Employee Benefit Audit,” moderated by Dorsey with David Evangelista, Principal at MSPC Certified Public Accountants and Anne Kellen, Director of Finance at Wilson-McShane Corporation;
- “Hot Topics in Defined Contribution Plan Auditing,” moderated by Price with Stacy Meyer, Principal at CliftonLarsonAllen.
Celebrating over 80 years in the Greater Washington DC area, Bond Beebe is a certified public accounting & advisory firm that works with small to mid-sized businesses, membership organizations, employee benefit plans, other non-profits and high net-worth individuals to help them reach their financial goals. The company’s broad range of services includes audit & accounting; tax planning & compliance; financial planning; management advisory; litigation support; and human resources consulting. From its two offices in Bethesda, Maryland and Alexandria, Virginia, Bond Beebe provides exceptional responsiveness and quality to every client it serves.